Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A DOG ON A LEASH ...



A Dog on A Leash …

A long black hearse was followed by a second long black hearse.

Behind the second hearse was a solitary man walking a dog on a leash.

A short distance behind the man with the dog were about 200 men walking in single
file.

A bystander, viewing this curious procession, respectfully approached the man walking the dog and said, "I am so sorry for your loss, and this must be a very bad time to disturb you, but I've never seen a funeral quite like
this before. Whose funeral is it?"

The man walking the dog replied, "My wife's."

"'What happened to her?" the bystander asked.

The man replied, "My dog here attacked and killed her."

The bystander inquired further, "But who is in the second hearse?"

The man answered, "My mother-in-law. She was trying to help my wife, and the dog killed her too."

A poignant and thoughtful moment of silence passed between the two
men.

"Can I borrow your dog?" the bystander asked.

"Get in line." the man replied.