Wednesday, February 17, 2010

the mom test

THE MOM TEST
I was out walking with my 4-year-old daughter.
She picked up something off of the ground and started to put it in her mouth.
I took the item away from her and I asked her not to do that.
"Why?" my daughter asked.
"Because it's been on the ground; you don't know where it's been, it's dirty, And probably has germs.", I replied.
At this point, my daughter looked at me with total admiration and asked, "Mom, how do you know all this stuff? You are so smart."
I was thinking quickly and replied, "All Moms know this stuff. It's on the Mom Test. You have to know it, or they don't let you be a Mom."
 
We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but she was evidently pondering this new information.
"Oh.....I get it!" she beamed, "So if you don't pass the test you have to be the Dad."
"Exactly", I replied with a big smile on my face.
 
 
When you're finished laughing, send this to a Mom.